New Zealand Charolais Association
New Zealand Charolais Association (NZCA) Interface with CattleMax
As a registered plan CattleMax customer and member of the New Zealand Charolais Association, you can save yourself time and effort by using the following features.
- Import your breed association cattle records into CattleMax
- Sync the association data with your animals in CattleMax who have matching registration numbers
The Herd Inventory file or Herd Extract is a copy of your active registered cattle records, 3 generation pedigrees, current EPDs, and current performance information as previously submitted to the association.
Important Items to Note:
- If importing records, please wait until the import process is complete before entering any records into your CattleMax Online account.
- Do not open any files from the association prior to importing them into CattleMax as this will likely lead to information being imported incorrectly. If you have opened it, please re-download the file and start the process again with the re-downloaded file.
- If you are not able to see the option for entering a registration number on an individual animal, please update your account settings. (Customizing CattleMax / Account Settings - click here.)
How do I obtain the file from the Breed Association for import into CattleMax?
The New Zealand Charolais Association asks that you as the member contact and request the herd inventory file direct from the association. You will need to provide your Breed Association membership number.
I have the unopened herd file. Now what?
- Open your CattleMax account.
- Click on the Cattle tab at the top > View All Groups and Interfaces.
- Choose your breed association name from under the Breed Interfaces section or if you do not see it here then you need to set-up the respective breed interface in CattleMax. Enabling Breed Association Interfaces - click here.
- Be sure to notice the file format. To import properly, your file must be in the format shown in CattleMax.
- Click browse (in the Import Herd Inventory section) then select the file you saved to your computer (NOTE: Do not import a file that has been opened.)
- When available, consider using the Sync feature by placing a checkmark next to Sync. (See details below regarding this feature.)
- Click Import Animals to finish the task.
- NOTE: If importing records, please wait until the import is complete before entering any records into your CattleMax Account. If you do happen to have cattle already in the account, be sure each of those registered animals has the correct registration number entered in CattleMax to match the import registration number.
I already have cattle in my CattleMax account. How do I use the Sync option?
The Sync option is available to allow adding new animal records to the CattleMax herd data or completing/updating current animal records (such as pedigree, performance, etc.). CattleMax will match registration numbers for the file to be imported, so it is important the registration numbers in your CattleMax herd file EXACTLY match your breed association records.
While your association may use letter prefixes as part of the animal registration number in their database, they may not consider that prefix part of the animal’s official registration number. Therefore, the association may drop the letter prefix in their file for import into CattleMax. Be sure any animals you already have in your CattleMax account have their registration number entered accordingly prior to import to prevent duplication of animal records.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-641-2343 for assistance.