Importing your records from CattleMax desktop versions
**IMPORTANT: Please do not enter any records into your CattleMax account until you receive an email indicating your data file has been imported.**
Sign up for a CattleMax Online account (if you have not already done so)
If you do not have photos linked in CattleMax CS
Please make a backup of your herd file and then send it via the Contact Form.
If you have photos linked in CattleMax CS
Please follow these steps from the computer that contains your pictures.
- Download and save the CattleMax CS Desktop Importer tool from http://cattlemax.s3.amazonaws.com/desktop-importers/CMImporter_CM.EXE. This tool will give you an easy way to gather your CattleMax CS herd file and related cattle photos into a single file that is sent to us for importing into CattleMax Online.
- After downloading and installing the Desktop Importer, click the Start or Windows button (lower left corner) on your computer, select All Programs or scroll through the programs (depending on the operating system on your computer), then Cattlesoft, then CattleMax CS, then choose the CattleMax Online Desktop Importer. Follow the on-screen steps to complete the process.
- Send the file via the Contact us form.
If you are using an earlier version of CattleMax (2006, v2, v1)
Please make a backup of your herd file and send it via the contact us form.
If you are using LonghornMax
Please follow the steps to import records from LonghornMax.
Windows 8 Additional Steps
Option 1 – Using the Desktop Importer
When you have all of the squares/tiles loaded, move your mouse around the page (not over any tiles), and you should see a down arrow inside of a circle – click that. This will show you the start menu (also called Apps screen). You may need to scroll to the right to see everything. Click the CattleMax Desktop Importer link and follow the steps in it.
Option 2 – If the Desktop Importer is not found or does not work
From the Apps screen
- Click “Documents” which will open Windows Explorer.
- Click “Windows (C:)” from the list on the left.
- Click “Cattlesoft.”
- Click “CattleMax CS.”
- Click “Data.”
- Right-click on your file, mouse over “Send To,” then click “Mail Recipient.” This action will attach your file to the email.
If you have pictures, you also need to
- Click the Back arrow at the top to go back to the “CattleMax CS” folder.
- Click “Cache.”
- Right-click on the folder matching your herd file name, mouse over “Send To,” then click “Mail Recipient.” This file will attach your photos to the email.