How the Spreadsheet Import feature works in CattleMax
We are happy to announce the release of importing spreadsheet data into CattleMax! Spreadsheets can help collect records at the working pens and areas without Internet access. In addition, many breed associations and companies (such as feedlots) provide data in spreadsheet format. The data in CattleMax is structured so that the information is organized in an easy-to-find way and to be able to generate helpful reports and worksheets.
A few helpful tips:
- CSV file format: The file needs to be in .csv format. If it ends in .xls or .xlsx, you can open it in Excel and choose the Save As option. In the "File Format" box, choose CSV (Comma Separated Values) only.
- Column headings: Column headings are needed and should only be on the first row.
- Required entries: These are entries that must accompany the records, either as columns in the spreadsheet or as selections in the Bulk Fill area.
- Value List entries: Details for these fields must match entries in this list.
To get started, simply download the spreadsheet template below. The first tab of the spreadsheet template has additional instructions.
Cattle Record Areas
- Electronic IDs
- Measurements (weights, heights, BCS, etc.)
- Pregnancy Checks
- Breeding Soundness Exams
- Reproductive Scores
- Carcass - Harvest
- Carcass - Ultrasound
- Animal Notes
Other Record Areas (please use template links and send to email@example.com for import)
You can start the import process by clicking on the Cattle tab > select Import Data > follow the prompts.